Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beauty this morning

Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well on this Tuesday. It has been a bit rainy in Dallas and I am loving it. Something about the rain always makes me nostalgic. During Shepherd and I's early feeding this morning I picked up a book that Kirk and I have been reading together. I know many of you aren't married, but if you are, this book has been so awesome. It is called "Love & War" by John and Stasi Eldredge. Some people aren't big fans of Eldredge, but I am proud to say that I love his writing. I totally recommend this read. Here is a copy of the cover.



















Me and my family have always had a love for movies and film soundtracks. One of my favorite themes is from  Brothers and Sisters" by composer Blake Neely.















Do ya'll know what I am talking about? The score at the end of that show is so beautiful. I have attached the link so that you guys can enjoy it too. I don't know, for some reason it reminds me of the Lord.  Click below and press play in the player. 

http://www.blakeneely.com/projects/brotherssisters/

Sometimes in the mornings when I am reading my Bible, I'll play instrumental music in the background. I love it. If you've never tried it, you should. I recommend starting in the Psalms. If you don't have a Bible or aren't into God at all, you might find something you never expected by trying it.  Click below after you click above and start the song. This is one of my favorite verses.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%20139&version=NIV


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...