Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

As I think about some of my favorite parts of the Bible, two of the bits of scripture take place in a garden. The first is in Genesis when the Word says that "Jesus walked in the garden in the cool of the day". I wonder what he was thinking as he walked? The second is after the resurrection when Mary goes to see Jesus' body, but he is not there. She thinks that she is talking the the gardener and Jesus says her name and she realizes that she is talking with the Risen Lord. Can you imagine if you were the one that Jesus picked to show Himself to first? I wish that I could have been there to see that.
I think that Jesus loves gardens. I know that the loves to make all things new. So today's post is about gardens. It's no coincidence that the most beautiful time of year is Easter. Thank you Lord for being beautiful. 







"Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which not one had yet been laid."
John 19:41

Until  Monday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...