Monday, August 22, 2011

Monet

Happy Monday everyone! I hope that you all had a great weekend. Kirk and I celebrated our sixth anniversary on Saturday. Six years? That seems so crazy. We went to the Dallas Museum of Art, then went to uptown for a drink and had dinner at Nonna. It was really fun and dinner was delicious. However, Shepherd hadn't been sleeping well all week so we were both exhausted. The 9:00 dinner reservation wasn't a brilliant idea for two sleep deprived parents. Whew, we are officially old. Kirk asked me on our date who some of my favorite artists are and it gave me the idea to start featuring an artist every once in a while here. So, this post is all about Claude Monet. I went to Barnes yesterday and sat down in the art section with my nose in a Monet book for about an hour. I got so inspired that went to the art store, bought some new paint and came right home to paint. He truly is a genius and the master of impressionism. Here are a few of my favorite pieces of his. Enjoy!






Look at those colors! Amazing.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...